Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Weekend Recap - Labor Day Weekend

I was grateful to not be working this extended holiday. In the medical field there is no such thing as full weekends unless it falls on your rotation and holidays are non-existent but I love working in the medical field and so I sacrifice those times. This Labor Day Weekend was a busy one for us. 
 When we moved here the landlord told us no more pets other than Sophie and Gracie, however, we adopt things everywhere we go. This is Tex. He is our cat....well kind of. I haven't seen him in a few days so I'm getting a little worried.
 We made Hasselback Potatoes (I'll share the recipe later this week). Everyone was supposed to eat them but Lexi headed off to the rodeo and Joseph ate lunch far too late.
 Jill & I took advantage of Home Depot's Labor Day Sale and got a bunch of flowers and some black mulch to see if I like it better than the red.


 My squash aren't doing too hot...that makes me sad.

 I seeded tomatoes - I'll post about this one too this week.
 I made some banana nut crunch muffins - you want that recipe too? You'll have to come back and check out the blog.



Joseph went fishing and we got to eat fresh catfish.
I also made some Harvest Popcorn and Butter Pecan cookies both of which Joseph has the photos and I'll share this week.

Besides those things I cleaned the house and did the laundry. It was busy but not overwhelming.
How was your weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment